Monday, September 15, 2008

Finding my way

Today was very first day back at work since my miscarriage. It was easy and hard at the same time. I went in this morning and panicked a little and even had to take something to calm me down. My students kept asking me where I was last week and I just said I was sick and had to have surgery. They kept asking but I just responded with the same answer. At one point a student who is a snot, came up to me and said "Mrs. T, I heard you were pregnant and your baby died." To which I responded "Sit down". I had prepared myself for some stupid comments and there is no telling how he found out, but surprisingly I thought a comment like that would send me into tears. But I put on a strong face and continued on with my day. After I got over the intial anxiety of the looks and stares from my colleagues, I began to feel like I was glad to be back at work. Several people talked to me about their miscarriage experiences. Which really helped. It was comforting to know that they found their way to their babies in time.

No comments: